Administrative Specialist I – Finance and HR
The Family Care Network, Inc., (FCNI) an equal opportunity employer, is currently recruiting to fill the position of Administrative Specialist I. This is a position based at FCNI’s administrative headquarters in San Luis Obispo. This position is responsible for various bookkeeping and human resources duties including general ledger coding and invoice entry, AP/AR processing, agency fingerprint data entry, employee time off requests, assist with payroll processing and other various administrative duties, and support to the Finance and HR departments.
FCNI is a progressive, dynamic organization that incorporates evidence-based, wraparound, culturally inclusive, positive youth development and best practices methods in all its programs. The agency is the Central Coast’s largest private children’s foster family and mental health services provider, with 200 employees and 21 unique programs serving over 2,000 children & families per year.
Compensation and Benefits
- Full-time hourly position, in San Luis Obispo, CA
- $20.00 – 21.50 per hour starting wage dependent upon experience and qualifications
- Benefits for Full-time employees: health, dental, vision, life, 17 days PTO per year to start & 12 paid holidays per year, 403(b) retirement plan
- Support the Finance Department in the following: accounts payable payment processing, performing accounts payable/accounts receivable digital and paper filing and maintenance, data entry, general ledger reconciliation/reporting, and offer support and backup relief to the AP/AR/Payroll staff as needed
- Support Human Resources Department in the following: recruitment, paper and digital file management, time off requests, data entry, and other duties as assigned
- Preferred to have a Bachelor of Science in Business Accounting
- May substitute educational requirement for 4+ years of high level, skilled accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Must have skilled experience in general accounting concepts including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Preferred to have prior experience in Human Resources in an assisting role
- Must be knowledgeable of major Microsoft Office applications and able to learn new software easily
- Must be proficient in advanced Excel software functions
- Must be of good character and reputation, professional, communicate effectively, and able to follow agency policy & procedures
- Meet all state criminal record & health screening clearance requirements and have a valid CA driver’s license, insurance & acceptable DMV record